Welcome to my blog. I cannot say it will always be positive nor will it always be happy but it is life. God does not give us an guarantees in life except that He will love us, provide for us and take care of us. My life has taken turns I would never have anticipated but through God's grace and love I continue on my journey, one step at a time.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wayne

Life...you can be rolling through with everything going well then in a moment your life can change. Tragedy strikes. On Wednesday, June 16, 2008, our dear friend and best man in our wedding died tragically by his own hands. It breaks my heart to write that and brings even more tears to my eyes. How does one's life spiral downward so fast? How does one lose hope and see no other end? I don't understand. The one thing I understand is that a piece of my heart is gone and won't ever be the same again.

Wayne-

Dustin and I loved you so much! We were here for you! We offered our house as a safe haven for as long as you needed. We offered our ears to listen to you, our arms to hug you, and anything we could do for you in order to help you, everything that is ours would have been shared with you because we cared so very, very much. I don't understand why you could not accept that from us. I don't understand why you chose to end your own life instead of letting us help you.

Did you have any idea how much we would miss you? Did you have any idea how this would tear our hearts in two? Did you know how terribly difficult this would be for us, especially Dustin?

You are one of the best men I have known in my life. You truly cared about others. You would do anything for anyone at anytime. You had an infectious smile and a great sense of humor. You were a wonderful friend. You had such talents...especially the cars you spent hours and hours overhauling, the postal jeep that is amazing. You were just plain awesome.

I know we will get through this tough time but we will never forget you. You impacted our lives. I see you sitting on our couch. I see you working on our roof. I see you grinding away at yet another piece of metal. I see you sitting on our picnic table. I see you smiling. I see you laughing. I see you standing at my door the morning I married Dustin with a huge smile. I see you so emotional right before our wedding that people thought you were going to hyperventilate. I see you sitting there drinking a Mountain Dew. I see you dancing with Ky. I see you dancing with Dustin and my Dad at our wedding. I see you at Lights on the Lake and then Outback afterwards, what a great night that was. I see you in so many places.

I wish I could turn back time and know what I know now but that is not to be. I wish I could give you a hug and tell you I love you one more time but that is not to be either. I want to hear your voice and see your face, in person, not on a video or in a picture.

I pray you are at peace. I pray your pain is gone.

I miss and love you, Wayne!

No comments:

Post a Comment