Welcome to my blog. I cannot say it will always be positive nor will it always be happy but it is life. God does not give us an guarantees in life except that He will love us, provide for us and take care of us. My life has taken turns I would never have anticipated but through God's grace and love I continue on my journey, one step at a time.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Stupid Questions

All the students were back to school today. I was walking to lunch duty when I saw a student who knows me but has never had me as a teacher. She says, "Mrs. Roach, you got your hair cut." I reply "Yes, I did." She asks "why?" Now is that or is that not a stupid question? I know, I know, as a teacher I should say, no question is stupid. But guess what...that one IS!!! And how do you respond? Because I wanted to? I didn't want to but I was forced to? I am losing my hair so I thought cutting it was easier? Seriously...what do you say? I just shrugged my shoulders and said "because."

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss!

    I've actually had people ask why I cut my hair, too! I couldn't believe it....and these were adults! I just told them (yeah, more than 1) that I like it short. It's frustrating, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GGGRRR, sometimes I hate computers! Sorry, Liz, I accidentally deleted your post! GGGRRR. Anyway, me saying my hair was falling out was a sarcastic response to the question about my hair. Although my hair is a bit thinner than it use to be :(

    ReplyDelete