Welcome to my blog. I cannot say it will always be positive nor will it always be happy but it is life. God does not give us an guarantees in life except that He will love us, provide for us and take care of us. My life has taken turns I would never have anticipated but through God's grace and love I continue on my journey, one step at a time.

Monday, October 27, 2008

A Rough Weekend for BOCES

Wow, I went to work today to find out about 4 incidents that happened to people associated with the BOCES I work at.

#1 - Steve, who graduated from BOCES 2 years ago was killed in the car accident. He was also a volunteer fireman with Dustin.

#2 - Heather, a current student, was in an accident and was life flighted to a Syracuse hospital. She has head injuries, broken bones in her back and a few other things. She is currently in critical condition.

#3 - A former teacher from BOCES passed away.

#4 - Chris (55), a former secretary at BOCES, died in her sleep.

I guess it is another reminder that we never know what tomorrow brings, or even what the next hour brings. God takes loved one when He is ready for them. Make today count. Help someone. Let someone know you love them. Write that letter or email you have been putting off. Treasure what you have because you don't know how long you will have it.

I want to thank all of you regular readers. You have all been a great source of encouragement to me. You are all a very important part of my life! I love you all!

Please pray for The injured girl and the families of all of the mentioned.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You're so right...we don't know how long we have. They are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great reminder to cherish every moment we have!
    I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete