Welcome to my blog. I cannot say it will always be positive nor will it always be happy but it is life. God does not give us an guarantees in life except that He will love us, provide for us and take care of us. My life has taken turns I would never have anticipated but through God's grace and love I continue on my journey, one step at a time.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Edward Hugh Lundgren

This past weekend I attended the memorial service of my Uncle. His name was Eddie. I knew him my entire life.

He was born on August 10, 1968. He went to live with my Grandparents, Hugh and Marie Lundgren when he was 5 weeks old. He was adopted by my Grandparents. Eddie lived his life with cerebral palsy. He enjoyed many things during his all too short, 40 years in this earth. He enjoyed Boxcar Willie, playing the guitar and the harmonica, Nascar and many other things. He enjoyed listening to medical books on the computer and learned a great deal about his disability. He laughed, as others described, from the tip of his toes to the top of his head. He was very intelligent. About 6-7 years ago he moved to Williamsport, Pennsylvania to make a life by himself. Up until that point he had lived with my Grandma. He learned the city and got around well thanks to his motorized wheelchair. About 6 months ago he made the decision to move back to Corning. On April 14 he passed away only a few months before his 41st birthday. He had a reunion with the parents that loved him unconditionally even though they were not blood related. Love overcomes blood.

The following excerpt from Hallelujah Square written by Ray Overholt was in the bulletin from Eddie's funeral:

"Now I saw a cripple dragging his feet,
He couldn't walk like we do down the street,
I said, "My friend, I feel sorry for you."
But he said, "Up in heaven I am going to walk just like you."
"I'll see all my friends in Hallelujah Square,
What a wonderful time we'll have up there.
We'll sing and praise Jesus His glory to share
And you will not see one cripple in Hallelujah Sqaure."

Eddie...I hope you are enjoying your new legs and the celebration with the parents you were so close to and missed do much.

No comments:

Post a Comment