Welcome to my blog. I cannot say it will always be positive nor will it always be happy but it is life. God does not give us an guarantees in life except that He will love us, provide for us and take care of us. My life has taken turns I would never have anticipated but through God's grace and love I continue on my journey, one step at a time.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Empty Womb, Aching Heart by Marlo Schaleskz

I am reading the book Empty Womb, Aching Heart by Marlo Schaleskv. It is a book that has a variety of stories on a variety of topics all dealing with infertility. I highlighted the following section from p. 30...

"As I live through the storm of infertility, the way is dark. But somewhere out there, the rains will cease and the sun will break through. Someday all this will be behind me. And God has promised that he will never leave or forsake me.

Yet in the months to come I know the tears will flow again. I can't suppress them; I can't ignore them. But I can raise my head, look for the rainbow, and remember that every month is another step closer to the light. One more step in a larger journey.

"Blessed be the name of God forever and ever...He changes the times and the seasons...He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him. (Daniel 2:20-22 NKJV)."

When I read that section I immediately think of the many comments that hurt so bad. Comments like, get over it, you need to deal with it, etc. If only those people could read this AND understand it!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome passage from that book, Steph! I'll have to read that one! Thank you too for your post on my blog... we appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, forgot to say that the comment was from Jenn, not Mike! :)

    ReplyDelete